- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore and discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with the natural world.
- developing the deep respect that occurs when children are exposed to the awe and wonder of the natural world
- learning about; the seasons, native birds, animals, mini-beasts, flora and fauna, trees and hedgerows
- learning about; different habitats, bio diversity and how importance balance is
- understanding the impact locally and globally we can have on the environment.
Summer Term Forest School Dates
On your child’s Forest School day they can come to school in their Forest School clothing for the whole day, please ensure they are wearing long sleeved tops and trousers – even as the weather gets warmer. They will also need suitable footwear, e.g. wellies and a rain coat. As summer arrives a sun hat or suntan lotion is also advisable.
Wednesday 14th March Year 4
Wednesday 21st March Year 5
Wednesday 28th March Year 6