All infant school children are entitled to a Universal Free School Meal (UFSM). However, there is another Free School Meal entitlement that some children can receive called Pupil Premium. For every child in receipt of this entitlement, the school receives an extra £1320 in funding, and this money is used to support that child with access to school trips, after-school clubs and other learning opportunities.
To qualify for Pupil Premium/Free School Meals Entitlement, parents/carers must be in receipt of either:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided that their annual income is less than £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC) and they are not in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
The application process is quick and is kept strictly confidential. Please speak to the school office if you require further information.
If you would like to complete a form to enquire if you are entitled to free school meals and other benefits, please complete the form below or pop in to the office for a copy.
If your child is entitled to Pupil Premium, please contact the office as we can help with uniform, trips, clubs and activities.